Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pic of my shrine

Yesterday I put together a shine for Herakles. I wanted a place where I could light a candle, give offerings and honor his presence. It's small and simple, but I like it. Over time I'll probably add to it, little things here and there, but for now this is what I have --


I can switch out the background anytime, but I liked the brown pattern. I have a few more fancy papers, but this one fit the most. Some of the others are more...girly. LOL. The silver bowl is for any offerings/libations I may leave. The rest is pretty explanatory. I don't have a statue, so I had to make do with a print-out of him. This one is one of my favorites, it's of Herakles Farnese. I actually found a $40 replica of this particular one that I'm putting on a list for possible purchases: Farnese Hercules Bonded Marble Statue.

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment